Friday, April 4, 2008

Dollar Find Friday (Flower pot frame)

I love those decorated wooden shapes that you can find at JoAnn's and Michaels. They are so darn cute and so cheap! I buy them but then don't know what to do with them. Here is something that I came up with....






Supplies-
Decorated wood flower
Flower pail
Green acrylic paint
Wooden skewer or dowel
Floral moss
Picture (sized to fit in the flower shape hole)











Step 1- Paint the skewer with green paint.











Step 2- adhere picture to back of flower shape. I just used plain old masking tape.

















Step 3- "stuff" the moss into the pail. The moss is going to help to steady the wooden skewer when finished.


















Step 4- Trim the grass


















Step 5- Adhere the skewer to the back of the flower shape. I found that hot glue worked great.


















Step 6- Place the flower securely in the moss. If you want, you can cut out a leaf shape out of card stock and add it to the skewer. ( I just used plain tape adhesive but I'm sure that double sided sticky tape would be best for this.)



Thanks for looking, I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial!












7 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very cute idea. Joan

Riley Fitzgerald said...

Jess, this is adorable!!!

Diane said...

What a beautiful project!!TFS!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tips.

My Paper World said...

Soooo cute! Thanks a million for sharing! xx

Regina said...

Oh, this is a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

Judy Rozema said...

Really cute idea! Love it!