Thursday, December 4, 2008

Envelopes

I could not turn down today's challenge after I saw that it was to use envelopes in some way. I love this mail tree from the set Branches Out and new that it would be perfect! I colored the envelopes using ink pads and a blender pen. I finally figured out what was wrong with my sewing machine so I can use it again, wahoo!

I don't know about you guys but Jessie is so darn talented and every time I see her cards it makes me want to glam mine up with some ribbon, spiral clips and brads. So that is where my inspiration came from for this card.

The shadow under the tree was made by using the long rectangle in the new $5 mini set Polka Dot Hello. I love how perfectly it fits this tree!




Inside of card-
Supplies: Stamps-Branching Out, Polka Dot Hello (There She Goes). Paper- Chocolate chip, very vanilla, ruby red, baja breeze, ski slope DP. Ink- black stazon, momento tuzedo black. Accessories- ribbon, spiral clip, brads, stardust gelly roll pen, scallop punch, sewing machine, nestibilities.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love this set. It is on my Christmas wish list for my husband.

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Great card Jess I love how you fancied it up...lol. So this is the second time I saw you use that oval for shadowing so now I must go order it thanks being an enabler..lol.

Have a great day and TFS.

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous girl!! Jessie is a big inspiration of mine too if you can't tell. LOL

Jamie Martin said...

Great card, love the colors :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica - this is such a gorgeous card - inside and out!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Jessica I love this card. What an inspirational sentiment and the envelope tree is too cute.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Awww, girl, you are so SWEET!! I automatically thought of this set when I saw the challenge, but I ran out of time!! This is super cute..you did me proud!!