Thursday, December 4, 2008

I don't know about you guys...

But I am the WORST procrastinator ever! Last year right before Christmas I saw the idea to make a "The 25 days of Christmas album". I swore to myself that I was going to do this for the next Christmas. You can check out Ali Edwards' amazing blog where she shows you how to create one of these amazing albums. I had the best of intentions of putting my album together last week so that all I had to do was add the pictures but then I got a little caught up with the release week ;). So I have been doing as much as I can during the day (but with a 2, 3, 4 & 5 year old running around, it isn't easy!) but I still have a looooong way to go. I think what I really need is a good old fashioned scrapbook/card making get together so I can just get some stuff done and get the creative juices flowing again. (Hey Kelli, I think you need to come stamp with me!)

In the evenings DH and I spend some special time with all of the girls. First DH reads a few books with them and then we try to do a craft project together. Last night we made these adorable reindeer by tracing the girls feet for the head and both hands for the antlers. I then let the girls use mommy's punch to punch out a red nose and we added some glitter. I love how these turned out and I will have these little cuties to cherish when the girls are all grown up with families of their own.

I think that tonight's project will be to make baked clay ornaments that they can paint. I have found a few different recipes online. Have any of you tried this? Any tips??

OK, so enough randomness from me today :) But I wanna know- What kind of holiday craft projects do you like to do with your kids? I'm looking for somewhat simple ideas that are easy to do with three little ones.

Come back for a great project from the very talented Denise for DFF!

1 comment:

Christi Flores said...

My boys are just now getting old enough to where they can craft with me so we just usually stamp together. I bought them a Winney The Pooh stamp set and the stamp the images themselves and color them in with their crayons. It makes them feel so proud that they can "stamp like Mommy". I would love some ideas too! Your project sounds adorable!!!