Thursday, February 5, 2009

Layer your embellishments!

When I saw the challenge on SCS today was to layer embellishments, I started searching for hidden goodies! I came across some gorgeous chipboard elements that I picked up at Michaels for only $1 per bag! There are a ton of different pieces and they came in many different colors. I found them hidden away in a drawer that I hardly ever use and I'm so happy that I was forced to find them again :)

I used a corner chipboard element. It already had the two holes in the corner so I added some twine and used my Crop-O-Dile to punch three holes for the silver brads. I colored the squirrel with Copic markers, cut out and added him to the cream Nestibilities layer (that was embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder) with dimensionals. I added a couple more scalloped nestibilities layers and added them with dimensionals to the rose red layer. (which was run through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder as well and sanded to make the design stand out.) Add a strip of DP, a sentiment, and some brads and that's it!

Inside view

Supplies: Stamps-You're So Punny (There She Goes). Paper- DP by Basic Grey, rose red, chocolate chip, very vanilla. Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black. Accessories- Copic markers, twine, embossing folders, dimensionals, Nestibilities, chipboard embellishment, brads, sanding block, scallop corner punch, crop o dile.

7 comments:

Tricia T said...

Love this card! It's classic and classy!

Betty J Schaub said...

Just so darn cute. The colors are perfect for this time of year!

Tracey said...

This is just adorable Jessica!

Connie M. said...

Jessica, this is just so sweet! Love that corner embellishment!

Anonymous said...

This card is just precious Jessica! I love it! I really need to get this set..

Kim P said...

This card is soooooooooo adorable!!

Cheryl B. said...

Very cute!