Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stampbook Wednesday!

Hi Everyone! We leave for Wyoming today to visit my dad and step mom and to spend the 4th of July with them. But before I could even think of leaving, I had to create some things that I could share with you guys for the days I will be gone :) Don't worry about orders, they will still be going out just as speedy as ever! While there, I will also get to meet up with my gal pal Wendy- wahoo!

I was on the phone with Faith the other day and she was telling me about this card that she had made using a picture of herself. I have been so crazy busy this last week that I have barely had time to check blogs and completely missed it! So I went back and found it and was blown away. How gorgeous is this card??

As soon as I saw it, I knew that it would make an awesome Stampbook page and got started right away.
I stamped flowers from the new set Bloom on Very Vanilla cardstock and colored them with a blender pen and reinkers. I printed off a beautiful picture of Chloe that I just can't get enough of. She looks so grown up here and it makes me smile every time I see it :) I cut around her picture so that there was no background. I then adhered it to a background layer that I created using Word. I typed up a bunch of random things that came to my mind when I thought of her sweet face, changed the font and color and printed it out. I matted that layer with Kraft (SU border punched at the bottom) and then again on Very Vanilla. I cut a piece of vellum so that it would fit over the picture perfectly and added my cut flowers, sentiments (also from Bloom) and pulled the ribbon through the corner that was punched with an SU punch. I tacked down the other side with just a bit of adhesive to make sure it stayed in place and wouldn't slip. I then added all layers to Kraft and then Rose Red, added some spiral clips that spell out Chloe and I'm done! Of course I wish it were as quick as I just explained it because it took me hours to finally get it done lol! Most of that was trying to decide on cardstock colors thought ;)
Here is what the picture look likes under the Vellum.
Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

WOWSERS, Jessica! That's one gorgeous page...not to even mention that adorable little girl! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your card!! That vellum over the photo is beautiful!! Love the use of the flowers too! Very elegant! Faith is so talented too!! She comes with so many awesome designs and ideas. Love your version!!!

Judy Rozema said...

WOWZA~!!! That is just beautiful! The flowers are so delicate and gorgeous and your DD is so very sweet and pretty!