Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm back!

After a short leave of absence, I think I am finally able to jump back on the stampin' train! It has been a nice break to just have some time to myself and I feel refreshed :)

Today I have a card to share with you that I made for this week's new challenge (TSG25- Dry Embossing) brought to us by our talented Trendsetter of the week Maki! Check out the TSG Blog for all of the details about this challenge and how you can win a TSG gift certificate.

For this card I embossed the Rose Red layer with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder and then used another embossing folder for the Always Artichoke panel that goes across the card. The stamp set used is Special Delivery (my much used "go to" set!!) and colored with Prismacolor Pencils blended with OMS.
Inside of card-

Card Recipe-
Paper- Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- Prismacolor Pencils, OMS, Stardust Gelly Roll pen, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop corner punch.
*******************
This weekend was full of remodeling on our verrry old house but we got to enjoy some fun as well. The most exciting thing that happened this weekend was that our oldest daughter Kylie finally lost her first tooth! This darn tooth has been trying to come out for at least 6 months. It would get loose and then not loose and back in forth until finally Kylie was eating a plum a couple of weeks ago and accidently bit the pit just hard enough to really make it loose. It was still hanging in their pretty good but then on Sat. she was eating a Mamba (like Starbursts) and she bit down on it with her front teeth not thinking. It started bleeding and within 5 minutes she had the tooth out! She was so excited that she ran to both of our neighbors to show them. This was the picture I took of her right before she started her rounds ;) I can't believe how old she looks in this picture!
Then yesterday we went out for a family walk to collect some "signs of Autumn" for Kylie to take to school on Monday. I took this picture of my wonderful family as we headed down toward the river.
We have a bunch of these bush tree things lining part of our walk and the leaves on this thing are huge and beautiful! The girls even stopped to let me take a picture :)
Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh this is so pretty, Jessica!! Love those colors together and the embossing combination!

Beautiful photos, too! I wish I had a fall like where you lived...

Anonymous said...

I love this colour combo and that embossing folder is a must to my collection!

Michelle said...

Welcome back! You've come back with a gorgeous card.

Kylie is so beautiful. Congrats to her on the first 'tooth hole'. :-D