Monday, October 12, 2009

TSG24- Jodi's Sketch

It's Monday again and after a weekend full of birthday parties, I'm actually happy that it's here lol! I finally have a chance to get my house cleaned and caught up on other household chores that usually get neglected during the weekend :)

I made this card for this week's TSG Challenge which is a sketch brought to us by our Trendsetter of the week- Jodi! I love this sketch because the larger main panel is perfect to use the new Home Sweet Home stamp set. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this set?? There are so many different images included in this set that you can make SOOO many different fireplace scenes!

I kept my fireplace a little on the simple side for this card because I wanted to try my hand at watercoloring again and didn't want to complicate things any more than I had to ;) Since I don't have the best luck with the aqua brush that I have, I picked up a great set of paintbrushes (I think there are 10?) at my local Dollar Tree. I was a little worried when I bought them that they were going to be the 'cheap' kind of brushes (I mean hey, they were only $1 lol!) with the stiff bristly brushes but they turned out to be a great quality and I'm happy with my 'investment' ;)

I first tried watercolor crayons but they just weren't working for me and for some reason, cause my ink to run. So I went back to my trusty ink pad lid method and the results turned out great. I also used watercolor paper (that I picked up on sale at Michael a long time ago). The paper makes a big difference when using this technique!
Another great thing about Home Sweet Home is that one of the great sentiments is designed to perfectly over lap so you can use it to make coordinating designer paper! If you own this set, you should give it a try, it adds a great detail to your projects and even helps to tie it all together :)

Recipe:
Paper-Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor paper, Very Vanilla
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand, River Rock, Basic Grey, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango
Accessories- Ribbon, Circle Punches, Dimensionals, Paint brushes for watercoloring, Rhinestones

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you made the background paper with the Home sentiment, very smart girl! We were all thinking the same thing, that set does rock though, how can you not use it for this sketch!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, Jessica!!
Love your coloring and custom background!!

Jodi Collins said...

Holy hannah! This is GORGEOUS Jess! Your watercoloring is AMAZING on this and I LOVE the background stamping too! You ROCKED this!!!