Monday, December 21, 2009

A SALE, A challenge and NO more babies

Grab a cup of your favorite drink and get comfortable cause this is a long one today!
Today is December 21st which means two different things- first, it is my youngest daughter's birthday! (More on that later) And second, it is the start of the Changing Of The Season's sale! From today (Dec. 21st) through Sunday (Dec. 27th) five select stamp sets will be 15% off their regular price!

This season’s sale sets are-
Act of Kindness $18.70 (Reg. $22.00)
Spread Your Wings $12.75 (Reg. $15.00)
Fairy Good Day $19.55 (Reg. $23.00)
Here For You $18.70 (Reg. $22.00)
Branching Out $18.70 (Reg. $22.00)

Not only are you able to purchase these great sets at a special price, you can also order them with the new release sets (which will also be offered at a special price) when they are released on Saturday evening! Consider it a Christmas gift to yourself ;)

**********************************
And now for this week's TSG Challenge! Our challenge for you this week is to create a non holiday related winter card. You can check out all of the details and find out how you can win a TSG gift certificate right here on the TSG Blog.

This card was completely inspired by my girl Maki (Have you noticed the I gain a lot of inspiration from the Trendsetters?? lol!) and her gorgeous creation made with the new stamp set Craftier Taglines. I kept the layout she used along with the paper piercing and ribbon treatments but changed the stamp set (I used one of the sale sets Branching Out!), colors, DP (by K&co.) and embellishments.

***************************
Today is a very bittersweet day for me. My youngest daughter Kayla is now officially four years old. We were taken by complete surprise when we found out that I was pregnant with her (After all I already had a 24 month old AND a 6 month old at the time!) and she has been keeping us all on our toes ever since. She is such a ray of sunshine and definitely the baby of the family and she won't let anyone forget it lol!

The third year of life for my children has been such an amazing transformation to watch! In 12 short months they go from toddler to child. With Kayla it has been a little difficult for me because this officially means that there are no more binkies, diapers, sippy cups, rocking a baby to sleep and all of those other things that I have cherished so much. I will forever miss the baby days of my girls but now I get to enjoy the fun of raising children. (I sure hope that this part takes longer because I am soooo not ready to raise 3 teenage girls lol!) Through their eyes I get to experience the wonderful imagination of pretend play and exploring new places as well as the responsibility of teaching my girls the importance of being kind and respectful, communication and trying to answer the never ending questions that constantly take Matt and I by surprise. And actually Kayla just asked one right now "mommy, who are you texting on the computer?" lol!

So with that, I am off to spend the day with my beautiful girls and celebrate Kayla's first day of being four years old :) Happy Birthday Kayla-Bayla! Mommy, daddy and sisters love you so very much you crazy little monkey!


Stop by tomorrow and join us in our Changing Of The Seasons Blog Hop Challenge. Not only will you be inspired by the Trendsetter's beautiful creations using the Sale sets but you just may win one!

4 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday Kayla!

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh Happy birthday to Kayla!!

I love your card and so excited to know the one of my cards was the inspiration. Thank you for making my day, gf!

Anonymous said...

Well why wouldn't Maki inspire you, she rocks! But I do love this one alot girl! And congrats on no more diapers!! Unless a boy??? LOL Happy Bday cutie!

Melissa Craig said...

Awww! I miss those discovery stages. Not that we're not still going through them, but it's different now that they are 14, 11 & 10.

Happy Birthday pretty Kayla!