Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feeling the mojo!

I think my mojo is finally making an appearance and it's about time! This card was totally cased from this great card made by fellow Trendsetter Jodi. I changed the designer paper used, type of flower and placement, and used different images (but same stamp set Loads Of Fun).

I started out with a 4.25x4.25 Chocolate Chip card base then added layers of Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and DP by My Minds Eye (I think?). Before I adhered the DP to the CC layer, I stitched it using my sewing machine. The scallop layer was made using Nestabilities as was the white layer on top of it. I sponged the white layer with Creamy Caramel ink before adding my sentiment (in CC). The socks were stamped onto the DP with Momento Tuxedo Black then I colored in parts of it with my blender pen and CC ink. I cut them out and added them to the card with dimensionals. I'm not sure who makes the prima flowers, I got them from my friend Kelli. Aren't they pretty?? I threaded the button with brown embroidery thread before adhering it to the flowers.


Want to see more?? Check out today's post on the TSG Blog to see a
Stampbook Page I created that was inspired by this card!

Page Recipe:
Stamps- Loads Of Fun
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Paper- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, DP by My Minds Eye (I think?)
Accessories- Prima flowers, Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Scallop Boarder Punch (SU), Sewing Machine, Buttons, Embroidery Thread

4 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

I'll say you got your mojo back!!! THis is awesome!! I love the white, or is that cream, later that reallly makes the whole card pop! Apparently FB gave your mojo back! LOL

Crystal said...

Oh WOW this is fabulous, lov ethi whole design and the image and sentiment is AWESOME!! LOVE THIS!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME MOJO! Oh how I know how you feel....I am forcing myself to create today but it is a good weekend for it, snowing all weekend! Love the card girl!

Kristie W. said...

Very cute! I am looking forward to using my set soon :)