Thursday, April 15, 2010

TSG49- Pleats!

Hi everyone, did you miss me??? I have had my nose to the grindstone all week long and not have had a chance to stamp at ALL until last night! I was totally itching to stamp so that I could play along in our TSG Challenge that Lisa (this week's featured Trendsetter!) came up with. Have you seen it yet??? It's all about pleats! Pleats are HOT right now and you have probably seen them in quite a few places. They are so pretty and are easy to make too!

For my challenge card, I used the new stamp set Spring Fever. How cute are those squirrels?? They are stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black onto Kraft cardstock. The hearts above were stamped in Sahara Sand and the heart in the middle was stamped onto Ruby Red cardstock with Regal Rose ink before it was cut out and adhered to the card base between the squirrels. I stamped the squirrely sentiment 3 times along the bottom left hand side before adhering the pleated ribbon with red line tape.

The ribbon that I used on this card was recently sent to me from my friend Theresa, isn't that so sweet?? I am definitely learning to love ribbon :) I tried a new way of pleating that I haven't attempted before so please excuse the 'rough' look of it lol! I used a sewing needle with thread and did a simple running stitch on both sides toward the end. Then I gently pulled the thread as I bunched the ribbon to create the pleats and tied the thread together in a knot on the backside.

After adhering to the cardbase, I glued down a couple of rhinestones for some added bling :) Make sure you stop by the TSG blog to find out the details about this challenge and how you can win a TSG gift certificate!
4-14-10
Card Recipe:
Stamps- Spring Fever
Paper- Kraft, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla (for the inside)
Ink- Momento tuxedo black, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose
Accessories- ribbon, red line tape, sewing needle, thread, rhinestones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to try the ribbon pleat look but I am scared!!! LOL I covet my ribbon so much that what if I make a mistake. Maybe I should try it on cheap Michaels first!

Lisa H. said...

ack! this is too, cute! love it, Jessica!