Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TSGBC03: Inspiration

TSG Birthday Logo

September marks There She Goes’ FOURTH year in business, and to help us celebrate, we are having a month full of FUN!! We started posting challenges on Monday, September 3rd, and we are keeping on through Friday, September 7th. We will be hosting one challenge per day. Each day will have a different birthday related theme, and will have a prize for the random winner chosen on Saturday, September 15th one $15 gift card per day!! Each day will have it’s own Inlinkz for you to link your creation to, and then on Friday, we will post an Inlinkz for ANYONE who has created a card for each challenge. The random winner chosen from all those that have finished all FIVE of the challenges, and added their name to the Inlinkz, will be entered to win our grand prize drawing-a $75 gift card to the There She Goes store!!!!

Ready to get started???

Today’s challenge is brought to us by Sandra!!  She has challenged us to make a card or project using the inspiration photo provided, with a birthday theme of COURSE!!

TSGBC03 Inspiration Challenge

Remember to come back and add your creation to the Inklinkz for TSGBC03!!

Here are the rules: For the daily challenge prizes of $15, you can use stamps from any company you chose, but we would LOVE to see you using your There She Goes stamps!! However, to be eligible to win the Grand Prize of $75, all you entries much use There She Goes stamps only!

You will have until 8pmEST Friday, September 14th to finish this challenge, and the winner will be announced on Saturday, September 15th at 12amEST!! That gives you over a week to get finished!! If you happen to finish them all, and we hope that you do, you can add your name to the Inlinkz being posted on Saturday, September 8th to be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE!!!!
Want a calendar to help you keep things straight? Well, here you go!!

http://www.thereshegoesclearstamps.com/images/downloads/there_she_goes_2012_birthday_challenge_calendar.pdf

********************************************

I absolutely love the inspiration piece for today’s challenge! I chose to use the colors teal and red and use piggies for the main images. The stamp set that I used is Oh Crop. Images were stamped onto white cardstock, colored with Prismacolor pencils and cut out. The Happy Birthday sentiment was used from the stamp set My Little Friend.

When I cut images out (that I don’t intend to layer) I like to leave a small white border around it because I think that it gives the image a nice polished look.

When I am cutting out images that are going to be layered together for a 3D look, I cut right on the line and then go back and use a black marker around all of the cut edges. I do that last part because it really makes a huge difference on the finished product! Your eyes are able to take in the image without focusing on all of the white edges of the different layers :)

I wish I could tell you what DP I used but it unfortunately it was from my scrap pile, sorry! The beautiful crochet ribbon, twine, and button are from RibbonCarousel.com .

The border punch and punches I used for the sentiments are all from SU.

tsgbc03

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PIGS!!! So this one has a special place in my heart!